Status Quo Collected 2 LP 180 Gram PURPLE Colored Vinyl MOV Ltd Num NEW SEALED
- Limited first pressing of 4.000 individually numbered copies on Purple vinyl
- Newly remastered audio for vinyl
- Career spanning selection featuring "Pictures Of Matchstick Men", "Roll Over Lay Down (Live)", "Down Down", "The Wanderer", "In The Army Now" and many more
- High quality PVC Protective Sleeve
- 4 page booklet with liner notes and photos
- Gatefold embossed "Guitar" sleeve
- 180 gram audiophile vinyl
South London members Alan Lancaster (bass) and Francis Rossi (guitar) were the original members and founders of Status Quo. Formerly known as The Spectres and later renamed to Traffic or Traffic Jam they settled for Status Quo as their band name in 1967. The following years they were joined by John Coghlan (drums), Roy Lynes (keyboard) and Rick Parfitt (guitar †2016), and after several band members changes are still performing today in a revamped line-up.
In 1968 their first hit record "Pictures of Matchstick Men" was released and the debut album soon followed. The subsequent years Status Quo, or simply Quo, enjoyed a multitude of hits; "Mean Girl", "Down Down", "Rockin' All Over The World", "The Wanderer", "In The Army Now", "Roll Over Lay Down (Live)", all climbed the charts in different countries.
During the years Status Quo developed their own signature style of heavy rhythms, a few guitar chords, straightforward, accessible lyrics and collected a huge and loyal fan base. In 2006 NME magazine named Status Quo "The Most Successful UK band" as they achieved more chart hits than any other British band.
The 2 LP Collected compilation is an era spanning selection of Status Quo includes the hits, 4 original mono recordings "Pictures Of Matchstick Men", "Ice In The Sun", "I (Who Have Nothing)" by The Spectres, "Almost But Not Quite There" by Traffic Jam and is newly remastered for vinyl.
This limited edition is pressed on purple vinyl, includes a 4-page booklet with liner notes and is packed in a also limited gatefold embossed "guitar" sleeve.
1. Pictures Of Matchstick Men
2. Ice In The Sun
3. Are You Growing Tired Of My Love
4. Mean Girl
6. Roll Over Lay Down (Live)
1. Down Down
3. Rockin' All Over The World
4. Hold You Back
5. Again And Again
6. Whatever You Want
1. Living On An Island
2. What You're Proposing
3. Rock ‘N' Roll
4. Something ‘Bout You Baby I Like
5. Ol' Rag Blues
6. The Wanderer
1. Rollin' Home
2. In The Army Now
3. The Oriental
4. Medley: The Anniversary Waltz – Part 1 (1990)
5. The Spectres – I (Who Have Nothing)
6. Traffic Jam – Almost But Not Quite There